On January 17th, I appeared on a panel at SBC Digital Innovation – Affiliation. Part of a series of online events by SBC shining the spotlight on a different aspect of the industry each time, the Affiliation event brought representatives of affiliates and operators together to discuss the following topics:
- SEO and all things affiliated
- How to make your business an acquisition target
- The secrets of a well equipped affiliate: What’s in their “toolkit”?
- The social responsibilities within affiliate marketing
- Generative AI – how will chatbot search change the affiliate model?
The event attracted more than 500 delegates and as well as being broadcast live in order to enable live Q&A at the end of each session, all panels are available for delegates to watch on catch-up at SBC Connect.
I was one of the panelists on “The secrets of a well equipped affiliate” and here are my two top takeaways for those of you who missed it:
- Data, data and more data is more important and useful today than it has ever been.
- Any discussion between an affiliate and an affiliate manager is VASTLY improved when they are properly familar with both their own and each other’s product.
The panel was also rather special in that it was all female. A big shout out to SBC for their commitment to gender parity for speakers across the event as a whole! Our moderator was Shona ODonnell from Better Collective and the other panellists were Anastasiia Gepolova from Traffic Balance and Liliana Almeida from Clever Advertising.
Thank you SBC Events for having me – see you at the next one!